Liberating Language of Emotions Online Workshop
ON-LINE: Zoom link will be provided to all registered participants.
DATE/TIME: Wednesdays January 19th – February 23rd, 2022 6:30pm – 8:00pm
REGISTRATION FEE: $225 to Joshua Creek Heritage Arts Centre
(100% of registration fee supports Joshua Creek Heritage Arts Centre)
This 6-week WriteWell workshop series will focus on enhancing our emotional literacy – our ability to label, understand and act on our emotions or the emotions of others in a way that is healthy and socially acceptable. The better able we are to fully express our own emotions the more we can be empowered and liberated to engage in healthy non-toxic ways to communicate with others.
Emotions leave imprints on our bodies, contribute to dis-ease, and short-circuit our mental and physical wellbeing. The more we learn how to appropriately label our emotions and expand our emotional vocabulary, the more we will be able to understand, move through and process those emotions. When we don’t feel, we don’t heal. When we can more accurately identify our feelings, this will enable us to respond in an appropriate way that does not leave us in a downward cycle of depletion.
Our emotions are our barometers of being, they are the weather vanes of our lives. In order to shift or redirect our emotions we need to be able to identify them in the first place.
The series will explore the lexicon of our basic core emotions and help us to express them through arts based creative exercises such as writing, music, and art. This program will be facilitated by Susan Ksiezopolski, a graduate of the Humber School For Writers, and HeartMath certified Building Personal Resilience Coach ®
Provide tools to help participants:
- Become more emotionally literate by expanding your emotional vocabulary
- Identify the link between emotions and wellbeing
- Move from automatically reacting to mindfully responding to emotions
- To digest and metabolize emotions in order that they don’t consume us
Workshop Learning Objectives
- Role that emotions play in our mental and physical wellbeing
- Develop a wider range of words to communicate and label our emotions
- Explore the power that emotions have to deplete or energize use
- Explore artistic ways to express our emotions OR explore how to express our emotions through the art