905-257-4730
info@joshuacreekarts.com

PLEASE BE ADVISED: The Gallery will be closed until further notice due to maintenance. Please check our website or social media for updates and further details. Thank you for your understanding.

Art Programs

OPEN CALL: Student Film Screenings

Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre is seeking student and independent filmmakers in the community to screen their work at ongoing indie film screening events. 

JCHAC has a history and mission that revolves around celebrating the arts and integrating the community. While our main focus has been in visual arts, we are looking to expand and highlight some of the excellent work of artists who use film as their mode of communication. 

Staff members at JCHAC will review submissions, and selected films will be shown in the gallery at ticketed events. JCHAC will promote film screenings through flyers, social media, and our site, but selected filmmakers are encouraged to promote externally. 

The space where selected films will be shown is unique and vibrant, as the gallery at Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre is a repurposed barn, sitting on 12 acres of conservation land, surrounding the gallery and studio in lush green space. There is also a full kitchen on site, allowing refreshments to be served at events. 

Joshua Creek Heritage Art Centre is a nonprofit organization. Beyond a gallery, JCHAC provides art, wellness, educational and nature-based programming and community outreach. A portion of ticket sales (40%) from the event will go towards supporting the organization. The remaining 60% of ticket sales goes to filmmakers. 

Tickets will be sold at $9 a piece, or at $15 for two tickets. 

Selected filmmakers will be contacted via email. Screenings will begin taking place July 2024. 

Filmmakers can submit their application via the Google form link below. Filmmakers will submit their film as a link (NOT a file). 

PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO FILMS UNDER ONE HOUR IN DURATION. Deadline for submissions is June 24, 2024.

WE CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE THIS PROGRAM AVAILABLE. PLEASE VISIT THIS PAGE SOON TO LEAR ON NEW DATES.